Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
Establish therapeutic relationships with patients with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. Facilitate individual, group and family therapy as assigned. Develop treatment plan, document the plan and patient's progress in the electronic medical record. Conduct ongoing assessment, treatment planning and discharge of patients. Provide all services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable professional, regulatory and accreditation standards. Continuously monitor and refine patient treatment plan to achieve desired outcomes. Coordinate services with referral sources and other community resources. Respond to and provide information in a timely manner to third party payers. Advocate for patients and families and promote the de-stigmatization of the disease of addiction.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services and a LMHC, LMHP, LMSW or LISW (Preferred) or
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services plus 1 year experience in human services field and obtain tCADC at time of hiring or
- Current CADC (Certified Substance Abuse Counselor) in the State of Iowa;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bi-lingual skills (a plus).