Reports to: Prevention Supervisor
Promote the de-stigmatization of the disease of addiction. Understand and demonstrate knowledge of the Public Health Model of prevention and the Strategic Prevention Framework. Provide direct service hours to the community. Design prevention programs to meet the needs of the community and/or special interest groups. Use and /or develop evaluation tools to measure outcomes for prevention programs. Coordinate services with referral sources and other community resources. Meet short term outcomes of the Comprehensive Prevention Grant.
- Bachelors degree in Human Services plus 1 year experience in human services field OR High School Diploma or Equivalency plus 3 years experience in the addictions field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Excellent at communicating in diverse situations.
- Bi-lingual skills (preferred).