Intake Clinician (Two Positions)
Location: Bill & Marienne Jackson Center for Recovery
Women & Children's Center
Harmony (Women's Inpatient/Residential Program)
The Intake Clinician will conduct clinical interviews with prospective patients and gather clinical information from family, referents, and/or historical record, formulate a diagnostic impression and make recommendations regarding appropriate level of care. They will coordinate services with referral sources and other community resources to ensure timeliness of treatment services. The Intake Clinician will initiate the confidential patient record, initiate managed care regime and clearly communicate follow up to receiving program staff. They also will serve as agency Crisis Intervention Specialist.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services plus 2 years experience in substance abuse with a LMHC, LMHP, LMSW or LISW (Preferred) or;
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services plus 4 years experience in human services field and obtain tCADC within three months of hiring or;
- Current CADC (Certified Substance Abuse Counselor) in the State of Iowa or;
- RN plus 6 years experience in substance abuse;
- Experience at Jackson preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bi-lingual skills (preferred).