Reports to: Revenue Manager
Location: Downtown Sioux City
Full Time: Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
Interprets Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and is responsible for payment posting and adjustments to patient accounts as identified in EOB and balances posted payments daily. Identifies, analyzes and corrects payment posting errors. Posts “denials” into the system using appropriated codes. Responds to inquiries from patients and third parties as required communicates daily with supervisor on payer trends identified.
- Posts payments received and adjustments as identified by insurance explanation of benefits
- Corrects payment posting errors
- Balances posted payments at the end of the day
- Works to identify and resolve payment posting issues
- Posts Denials into systems with appropriate denial codes
- Responds to third party inquiries; corrects errors and refers complex issues to supervisor
- Maintains knowledge and proper utilization of transaction codes
- Ensure confidentiality of all patient accounts by following HIPAA guidelines
- Adheres to compliance of CMS and other payer guidelines
- Instills current department policies and procedures
- Communicates daily with management on payer trends identified
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior patient accounting or medical billing experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience or education in medical coding (preferred).
- Bi-lingual skills (a plus).