Director of Development
Position Purpose: Develop philanthropic resources to meet designated needs. Under the direction of the Vice President of Communications and Development, the Director of Development will develop and implement strategic fund development strategies to generate support for the annual fund campaign, and support for special projects and capital projects, as identified by Rosecrance and its affiliates. This person will be responsible for developing and implementing annual campaign strategies across key Rosecrance markets, overnight travel will be involved. Duties will include researching funding opportunities; managing details of strategy execution; cultivating and stewarding donor and Board member relationships, and ensure strong monitoring and reporting.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum five years of experience in fund development, or related field
• CFRE a plus
• Excellent writing and verbal skills
• High-energy individual with excellent interpersonal skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of fundraising best practices
• Ability to work within a team
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent public speaking skills
• Self-starter with ability to work independently
• High engagement skills
• Windows-based computer experience or training
• Belief in the mission and vision of Rosecrance
• Reliable transportation for travel within Northern Illinois.
1. Work hours prescribed and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive annual fund campaign.
3. Identify, cultivate and solicit individual, family and community foundation and corporate donors in key Rosecrance markets, in coordination with VP of Communications/Development and local Rosecrance and Rosecrance Affiliate Board members.
4. Develop and manage appeals to support special projects identified by Rosecrance and Rosecrance Affiliate leadership team and Board.
5. Manage fundraising events if identified in annual plan, with support from regional staff and volunteers, and communications and development teams.
6. Enhance church relationships and giving opportunities.
7. Research and write grants, as needed.
8. Work on special projects as assigned.
9. Meet KPIs for fundraising strategies identified in annual plan and meet standards of The Rosecrance Way.
10. Adhere to the AFP Code of Conduct and Donor Bill of Rights.
11. Understand and comply with all of the principles established by the Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
12. Perform all responsibilities in compliance with the mission, vision, values and expectations of
13. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
14. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
15. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated by upper management.
Physical Requirements/Percentage of Work Time
1. Vision: Must be able to read printed and/or handwritten materials from a variety of sources 75-100%
2. Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with coworkers 50-79%; answer incoming phone calls 0-24%
3. Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must have mobility between departments within the facility 50-79%,
4. Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 0-24%
5. Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently to lift or move objects 25-49%
6. Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to finger keyboard for computer work and phone equipment for placing/receiving calls 75-100%
7. Sitting: must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time when using the computer 75-100%
Exposure to bloodborne pathogens requiring the use of universal precautions and/or personal protective equipment.
Exposure to computers.