Location: Sioux City
The Accountant will be responsible for fiscal management and compliance for public grants and contracts including participating in grant applications and renewals, reviewing new and renewed grant awards, preparing budgets and narratives, establishing grant monitoring and reporting schedules, preparing financial reports and audit schedules. The Accountant will oversee all travel and expense reimbursements, create and post entries into the general ledger, reconcile cash receipts to cash journal posting and approve cash journals, maintain check registers and complete, review and approve monthly bank reconciliations, conduct petty cash audits, review and approve annual audit schedules, and assist with other assignments as directed by the Accounting Manger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of one-year experience in general accounting procedures.
- Ability to apply GAAP, and work within strict guidelines and procedures.
- Experience with federal, state and local funding regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft suites and accounting software).
- Ability to work within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bi-lingual skills (preferred).