Raising children is hard work. Sometimes they behave or communicate in ways parents don’t understand. At River Hills Recovery Center our therapy services are designed for children ages 2 years to adulthood. Our highly trained staff members work to teach families to include therapeutic strategies into daily routines. We offer practical suggestions for addressing issues that are impacting you and your family.
Knowing They Need Help
- Oppositional behavior
- Defiance and anger
- Inability to follow direction
- Fighting with parents/siblings/friends
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)(I would avoid this term it is too clinical
- Mood Disturbances (sadness, irritability, insecurity, hostility)
- Family conflict/Significant changes within family
- Grief and loss
- Experiencing trauma
How We Can Help
Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents are actively involved in all parts of the therapy process to enhance the child/parent bond
- Helps reduce behavioral issues in preschool/elementary school-aged children
Sand Tray Therapy
- Sand and figurines are used to allow children to express themselves through play
- This form of therapy is active, non-verbal and direct
- Calls attention to children’s strengths to help overcome challenges or obstacles
- Emphasizes teaching children the relationship between thoughts, feelings and actions.
What We Offer
We will work with family members to help build strong relationships, teach healthy communication, implement positive discipline techniques and learn constructive self regulation skills.
We do this through:
- Comprehensive Assessment
- Psychiatric Assessment
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Medication Management
Call us today at 712-202-0777 to schedule an assessment with our highly skilled staff and help your child become the happy, healthy person you know they can be.