Substance abuse counselors, social workers, mental health counselors, nurses, recovery counselors and interested human services professionals.
The purpose of this training is to provide a better understanding of trauma. The training will also provide the participants a chance to add to their toolbox of techniques to use with patients and clients.
During this workshop we’ll:
• Gain a basic understanding of PTSD and Trauma.
• Gain an understanding of the impact of trauma on individuals and families.
• To enhance skill levels in working with people who have experienced trauma.
• Gain knowledge and understanding of the ACEs study.
• Gain an understanding of vicarious trauma and ways for participants to help themselves.
• Participants will gain techniques they can use with patients and clients.
Trisha Wegner MSE, CADC, Clinical Supervisor of Harmony, Sanctuary, and Women & Children’s Center, Jackson Recovery Centers. She has worked in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health field for the last 16 years. She received her undergraduate degree in Human Services Counseling from Wayne State College and her graduate degree in Community Counseling from Wayne State College.
Cindi Prather, MDiv, MSEd, LMHC, is a therapist at River Hills Recovery Center. Cindi’s focus is mental health treatment, trauma informed care and gambling treatment. Before coming to Jackson, she worked in Community Mental Health for 10 years. She works with children, adolescents, and adults. She is trained in EMDR, PCIT, DBT, Critical Incident Stress Debriefing, ACT, and TF-CBT. She has an undergraduate degree in elementary education from the University of Northern Iowa, a Master of Divinity degree from Central Baptist Theological Seminary and a Master of Science degree in counseling from the University of Nebraska at Kearney, Nebraska.