child and Adolescent Center
2101 Court Street
Sioux City, IA 51104
To make referral: (712) 234-2300 or 1-800-472-9018
To contact center: (712) 293-4912
Jackson Recovery Centers' Child and Adolescent Center was one of the first programs in the country that specialized in addiction treatment for adolescents. For over 30 years, we have been providing inpatient drug and alcohol addiction treatment for children ages 12-18 and their families.
The Child and Adolescent Center offers state-of-the-art addiction treatment. Our highly trained staff strives to bring love and hope to children who are suffering from the disease of addiction. Jackson has developed a treatment model where patients mentor, care, help, and teach each other lifelong skills centered on recovery.
We invite you to learn more about the Child and Adolescent Center:
- The length of treatment depends on the individual, but lasts approximately 90 days.
- Adolescents are involved in 60 hours of programming per week which includes school, community group, individual, group and family therapy, and 12-Step meetings.
- Treatment settings are gender specific so patients are more comfortable sharing issues.
- Extended residential services are available for children needing long-term care.
- We are a Psychiatric Medical Institute for Children (PMIC) provider.
Addiction is a disease that affects all aspects of a person's life. Therefore, our treatment programs are enriched with additional services to support their recovery.
Child and Adolescent Center offers:
- A variety of therapy programs for family members and loved ones
- Individualized accredited schooling daily with a state-licensed teacher
- Psychiatric services to help children with depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues
- Opportunity for physical and emotional stabilization
- On-site professional medical care
- Case management services
Professionally Trained Staff
Jackson Recovery Centers provides a professionally-trained treatment team consisting of a Program Director, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Medical Director, Clinical Supervisor, Psychologist, Registered Nurse, Mid-level Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, nursing staff and therapy staff. This team works closely with physicians, psychology staff, dietitians and other resources to ensure the highest quality treatment program for adolescents.